An in-person consultation is an option for a cake with a more intricate design. These cakes usually have a starting price of $150 and go up from there. There is a fee of $25 for an hour in-person consultation that is paid for prior to meeting. If you choose Rachel’s Sugar Shop, that day, to create your cake, then that payment is applied towards the deposit to save the date of your cake. If you are planning on saving the date with us, then a non-refundable deposit of either $100 or half of the balance of the cake is required to do so. In other words, there is no fee for a consultation that results in a non-refundable deposit. The non-refundable deposit is used towards the balance of your cake. We accept all forms of payment be it cash, check, or credit card. We require the information below, “What’s Next” before meeting with anyone for a consultation. It makes for a much more productive consultation for both of us.
You’re thinking about having a consultation/tasting with Rachel’s Sugar Shop. We have a few questions for you to answer to help us get to know you better. Email us a response to the following information so that we can take the next step.
- Your name, your contact information and your fiancé’s name if this is a wedding.
- A few options of convenient times to meet.
- The date and time of your occasion.
- The location and contact information for your venue.
- The approximate number of guests you may have attending.
- Your cake budget. This helps so that we may come up with options available to you, within your price range.
- Swatches of any colors that you would like incorporated into your cake.
- The theme for your occasion. For example; a monogram; a catch phrase; a destination; a certain style…
- Any pictures/ideas for that have inspired you for your cake. This helps us to come up with unique ideas ahead of time.
- If you are thinking about fresh flowers incorporated into the cake, the florist’s information.
- Any other important details you think we may need to know about your occasion or you as a couple.
Tastings are an option for weddings provided there’s time to schedule one before hand. We do not provide tastings for custom cakes. You are welcome to order a small cake of any flavor to try on your own. There is a charge of $50 for an hour tasting that is paid for up front. If you choose Rachel’s Sugar Shop to make your cake, then the payment will be applied towards the remaining balance of your cake.
Before we meet for a tasting we ask you to:
- Pick 2-3 flavors of cakes/fillings.
- At least 2 weeks ahead of time, tell us the number of people attending the tasting (no more than 4).
- Bring the following information with you:
- All information from the “What’s Next” section above, should be emailed to us prior to scheduling a consultation/tasting. If you didn’t fill this out completely and we have scheduled a tasting/consultation, any information that was left blank should be brought with you.
- Any person who you think should be involved in the decision making of the cake. In the case of a tasting, we need to know ahead of time if you will be bringing someone else along so that we are sure to have enough cake for everyone. Please, no more than four people.
- Pay the fee of $50 for an hour tasting. If you choose Rachel’s Sugar Shop, that day, to create your cake, then that payment is applied towards the deposit to save the date of your cake. If you are planning on saving the date with us, then a non-refundable deposit of either $100 or half of the balance of the cake is required to do so. The non-refundable deposit is used towards the balance of your cake. We accept all forms of payment be it cash, check, or credit card.
We have a fee for delivery. It’s $35 for the first 10 miles and $10 for each additional 10 miles from the shop. If delivery takes place during a time where there is traffic, an additional charge will be applied for time. Once the item is delivered and set-up, we are no longer responsible for what happens to it.
Upon placing a non-refundable deposit, you will be asked to sign a copy of our policies, listed below. Our policies are non-negotiable.
There is a charge of $50 for an hour tasting and $25 for an hour consultation. If you choose Rachel’s Sugar Shop to make your cake, then that payment will be applied towards the remaining balance of your cake.
A deposit of $100 or half the balance of the cake is required to save the date of your event. The deposit is non-refundable. The deposit is determined by how much time there is between the consultation and event.
If you are renting any item from us, like a cake stand or cupcake stand, there is an additional cost depending on the stand that is chosen. A separate deposit in the form of a check will be collected and returned to you when all items are returned free of damage in a timely manner.
There is a fee for delivery. Delivery starts at $35 for the first 10 miles and $10 for each additional 10 miles. If delivery takes place during a time where there is traffic an additional charge may be applied for time.
If you choose to pick-up a cake rather than delivery or after we finish delivering and setting-up a cake, we are not responsible for what happens to the cake after that point. If possible, we will to try to fix minor issues that may take place. We have the right to make any adjustments necessary at this point to make the cake presentable.
If a $100 deposit was taken, half of the remaining balance is due on ____/____, 2 months prior to your event
The final count of guests is due to us on ____/____, 1 month prior to your event. Changes can’t be made to the cake or in the number of guests past this point. Because:
The final payment for the cake is due in full, 1 month prior to your event. This amount does not include a deposit on any rented items, that is separate. We don’t usually see you that day so there isn’t a way for you to pay upon delivery. You can make a payment by cash, credit, or check. We can email an invoice, accept credit cards via phone or in person, checks can be made out to Rachel’s Sugar Shop and can be paid in person or mailed to the shop, or we can be paid by cash in person.
You must return any rented items free of damage in one week to have your rented item deposit returned. In the event of a wedding, we understand that you may be taking a honeymoon. Please have someone else return it that week. The item may be needed for another event before your return.
We ultimately reserve the right to make minor changes to the designs of the cake. It is rare, but elements that were originally discussed in a design, may not end up working out as planned and may need to be altered. We will try to notify you of these changes ahead of time when at all possible.
By paying a deposit, this states that you understand the above policies and agree to them.
Your Signature Today’s Date
Cake and Fillings Flavors
Vanilla Butter Cake: Yellow butter cake, lightly flavored with vanilla
Chocolate Fudge Cake: A rich chocolaty dark fudge flavored cake
Carrot Cake*: This lightly spiced carrot cake is made with or without nuts*
Lemon Butter Cake: Lemon butter cake, flavored with lemon zest
Red Velvet Cake: An old time southern favorite of rich red cake, with a hint of cocoa flavor
Filling or Covering Flavors:
Vanilla Butter Cream (filling and covering)
Strawberry Butter Cream (filling only)
Raspberry Butter Cream (filling only)
Chocolate Ganache* (filling and covering)
Mocha Ganache* (filling and covering)
Neapolitan* (chocolate fudge cake, layers of vanilla and strawberry butter cream)
Chocolate Raspberry Ganache* (filling and covering)
Vanilla Cream Cheese Frosting** (filling and covering)
Lemon Cream Cheese Frosting** (filling and covering)
Orange Cream Cheese Frosting** (filling and covering)
Fresh Whipped Cream** (filling and covering)
Raspberry Preserves (used as a flavor addition to another filling)
Strawberry Preserves (used as a flavor addition to another filling)
Lemon Curd** (used as a flavor addition to another filling)
Fresh Strawberries and Fresh Whipped Cream** (filling only)
* All items above may contain nut products as we are a bakery that has nuts on premise. Depending on the availability of chocolate, these flavors can cause a higher risk. Please make us aware of any food allergies.
**These fillings are not suitable for outdoor occasions, venues with no airconditioning/refrigeration or sculpted cakes.